TMACOG is accepting applications for a position in the Water Quality department. The water quality program is organized under the Water Quality Council. There are five program committees under the council. The advertised position will coordinate two of those committees; the TMACOG Wastewater and Public Water Supply Committees. See the complete job description and background information on the TMACOG webpage here.
· Applicant must hold a bachelor's degree and a graduate degree in engineering, planning or related field.
· Strong leadership skills are required. The applicant will need the skills and interest to potentially lead a Water Quality program.
· Position requires experience in applying statistical and graphic skills to analyzing and presenting data.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
· Knowledge and understanding of stormwater, sanitary sewerage, and public water supply systems is required.
Technical functions will be:
· Organize water quality and infrastructure data.
· Conduct analyses for the Maumee, Portage, and Lake Erie Western Basin watersheds and their political jurisdictions.
· Work with stakeholders through committee processes to form consensus-based water quality policies.
· Research and develop water quality policies to accomplish water quality goals with an emphasis on legislative and regulatory initiatives. Work with member communities to adopt local ordinance/policies/BMPs.
· Proficiency with basics of ArcGIS is required: mapping and limited analytical tools.
· Coordinate the Wastewater and Public Water Supply Committee, its subcommittees, events, public info, and projects.
· Update the “208” Areawide Water Quality Management Plan, and grow into complete responsibility for the program.
· Review Ohio EPA Permits to Install (wastewater) for consistency with the 208 Plan.
· Work with members and stakeholders to develop, write, and implement successful water quality grant projects.
· Collect, organize, analyze, and communicate water quality data for the Lake Erie Western Basin pertaining to home sewage treatment systems, package sewage treatment plants, and small municipal wastewater treatment plants. Use data to model pollutant loading from onsite sewage system from the entire Western Basin Watershed.
· Plan and organize two annual TMACOG sponsored workshops on water quality and water and sewer infrastructure. Both workshops must allow participants to obtain continuing education credits: MDEQ/OEPA Contact Hours for Water/Wastewater Operators and Continuing Professional Development Hours for Engineers.
Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S., possess a valid and current driver’s license, have a good driving record, and proper insurance. Successful completion of a comprehensive background check and drug screening are required to complete the hiring process.
Potential positions: Planner or Engineer II or III with a salary range of $48,000-$58,000 DOQ. Interested candidates should forward a letter of interest, resume, professional references, examples of writing, including report preparation, and examples of GIS analytical work, by September 30, 2016, to TMACOG, P. O. Box 9508, Toledo, OH 43697-9508 or email@example.com. No phone calls. EOE.
For Further Info:
· Water Quality Council http://www.tmacog.org/Environment/Environmental_Council_home.htm
208 Areawide Water Quality Management Plan http://www.tmacog.org/Environment/208WaterManPlan.htm
Toledo Metropolitan Area Council of Governments | www.tmacog.org